Saturday, July 9, 2011

THE BOOK LAUNCH - CHAPTER TWO

I knew I shouldn't have left early but I'm not much good at remaining in a place where I'm bulldozed into buying a book and buying my own drink.  Now, apart from someone standing at the door pushing a copy of the book at everyone that entered with words of 'buy this' or something to that effect I heard that there wasn't even an opening speech.  Mind you, thinking about it, if there had been everyone there would have had to raise their glasses and I'm sure many refused to pay 15 lira for a lemonade and would have been toastless.  The wannabe authoress must have been short of money, I'd say since when a couple left to find the restroom she ran after them saying 'hey have you paid your bill, I don't want to be lumbered with it?'  Not sure if she was embarrassed when informed that the expensive weak beer had gone right through forcing a toilet call.  The artist that had designed the book cover even had to pay for her own drinks.  I hope she charged for her efforts otherwise might also be another person pissed.

The wannabe authoress was then seen later in the evening in Cihangir at one of her locals (and probably went to them all) touting her book, asking drinkers to fork out their hard earned cash (they had planned to spend on drink) on her.  It does make me wonder if she can be akinned with the 'hat seller', 'the lighter seller' and the 'napkin seller' who tout the same route every night.  Are we going to see the wannabe authoress join them each evening trying her luck? Or in her case pushing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment