Wednesday, July 20, 2011

THE WORLD IN PINK

Cihangir's witch celebrated 5 years of magic this week.  La Vie en Rose or is it Pembe Toz (pink powder) saw a crowd of well wishers.  Now I don't really understand why this place has two names except that they are both linked with a color.  The owner of this establishment has a word of mouth reputation that has kept her afloat in a market that would seem to me to be difficult to earn from.  Most people run to conventional medicine with a mistrust for anything that hasn't got a Bayer on the bottle.  Have I tried her potions?  I have to say not, but I have now heard of and met a fair amount that have.  One lady I overheard say her son no longer has ezcema thanks to Cihangir's witch and another said he is able to sleep at night at last without pills.  So maybe I should give it a shot since I have a fair number of complaints.  Back to the party which was fun.  The owner of La Vie en Rose (all in pink) welcomed everyone with some of her own home brew (which was lethal) and even put on a fabulous spread of food made by another Cihangir lady reknowed for some time for her own food magic.  The owner of La vie en Rose needs to help herself to more catering as she is now painfully thin.  I fear she might have an eating disorder of some kind which is not the best advertising for her potions given she looks like she could do with some of her won medicine.    All in all I wish her the best since far too many business open and close in a short time in this country and in Cihangir.  Thus if somewhere lasts this long then you've got to support it to make sure it can serve it's community for another 5 years especially since everyone raves about the massages and treatments that are on offer.

Vive la Vie En Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment