Friday, May 20, 2011

‘RAPTURE’.




What in God’s name is going on in some people’s heads?  Followers of another loony based cult lead by Harold Camping are expecting the world to end tomorrow (21st May) at noon.  Is this CET, GMT or just on Harold Camping’s time?

Apart from the amusing joviality this has triggered it is just plain lunacy. 

Thankfully most of the world is not affected by this particular act of craziness but there are way too many who are and their belief is irritating at best and destroying at worst.  I can’t imagine what some children are thinking and fearing, having heard the end is nigh. 

Rapture:  I intend to be raptured but by someone more tangible than a god figure created from another warped mind.  My raptures are almost daily and often involve someone quite appealing but never with the fear of the end of the world.

What now?  We wait to prove again that H.Camping has got it wrong (we got through 1994, which according to him we wouldn’t).  I suspect when the world keeps turning and the Internet keeps working he will come up with another date that will send another frenzy through the mad masses. 

For now we can contend with another excuse for a party.  I have heard Rapture Parties are a-foot in the city of Istanbul.  Exactly what will be required other than drink and debauchery I cannot imagine?  Some bright sparks have set up facebook pages for the Rapture.  Including a Post Rapture looting party.  Best comment from that one was ‘I am white therefore I will ‘find’, not ‘loot’.’  For those that remember Katrina, it was racially pointed out that ‘white folk – find’ and ‘black folk – loot’.

Since no one knows what time the rapture really begins in Istanbul everyone is coming up with differing times for the popping of the champagne and the face turned skywards.  Midnight is always a good party hiatus to go for I’d say.  Anyway I’m off to get me-self an ipad if everything goes belly up!


No comments:

Post a Comment